Articulated Truck Driving Lessons
Our training courses will ensure that you are well placed to pass your Category “CE” Driving Test the first time you take it. We also specialise in both the Initial and the Periodic Drivers CPC Training Courses.
Package One: - Obtaining a licence:
For a driver who:
- Currently possess a Rigid Licence – and wishes to obtain a category E C (Artic) licence (follow option B – below) (answer question below to determine which option to follow)
|Q: Did you complete D.T.T. when obtaining C1/C licence?||Yes||No|
|Step 1||CPC STEP 1 - Truck Theory Test||NA||€72.00|
|Step 2||CPC STEP 2 - CPC Case Studies||NA||€72.00|
|Step 3||Practical Driving Test||€ 120.00||€120.00|
|Step 4||CPC Practical Walk Around Test||NA||€32.00|
|Total Exam Fees||€120.00||€296.00|
- Prices are valid as of August 2016. - If you completed a Driver Theory Test for a Rigid licence and currently hold a full C licence, you are entitled to a CE (Artic) learner permit (€35.00 ) subject to medical (approx. €50.00). Driving tuition approx 10 hours @ €80.00 per hour = €800.00 (pre-paid option available for €750.00)
Package Two: - Assessment:
Applicable to - full licence holder for relevant vehicle category (Artic) €100.00 – 90-minute assessment to include: Reversing, town, regional and national road driving, position, reacting to hazards, observation, control of vehicle and progress Sample of assessment sheet attached, which will be completed and returned to Transport Manager, showing full details of driving assessment and any recommendations required.
Package Three: - Upskilling Course:
Applicable to - drivers who possess the relevant category licence but require additional training. Artic - €300.00 (approx. 4 hours) • Daily Vehicle Checks • Tilting Cab • Coupling & Uncoupling Trailer • Tachograph & Fault Finding • Defensive Driving - (2 hours) • On Road Assessment - (1 hour) positioning, reacting to hazards, observation, control of vehicle and progress
Package Four: - CVRT: Driver Daily Walk-Around Checks Training
The Commercial Vehicle Roadworthiness Testing is currently making appointments to carry out inspections to assess the maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles, including trailers, used in your business. Specific Documentation required for the inspection includes:
- A list of all vehicles and trailers used in the business including vehicle registration numbers and copies of certificates of roadworthiness.
- Records of inspection, maintenance and repair for each vehicle
- Records of defect reports received from drivers and the evidence of follow up actions to address the defects
- Scheduling plan for maintenance/safety checks of vehicles
- Details of training provided to drivers for carrying out walk-around checks and for reporting of vehicle defects.
- Qualifications of the personnel responsible for carrying out maintenance of vehicles
We are offering training in number 5 above - Driver Daily Walk-Around Checks. View more details on CVRT here